Thursday, June 2, 2011

Story of Dolphin by Katherine Orr

All though this book is not my favorite I did enjoy it. I found the story interesting and very descriptive. It definitely had a message but the message did not get in the way of the story.
            The illustrations were much more simplistic than some of the illustrations that I have seen before. It had a very distinct style of print that some people may not prefer but I found enjoyable. Orr definitely utilized a variety of colors that goes perfectly with the mood.
            The text has many details that help paint a picture. This book does have a lot of word competed to other picture books. There might be several paragraphs on page. That is why I recommend it for older students.
I would use this as a free read. I would not use it as a read aloud because of the amount of words. I might however use it with a text set.
Published: 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment