Thursday, June 2, 2011

Migration of a Whale written by Tanya Kant and Illustrated by Mark Bergin

I found this book very informative. I think I might have enjoyed it more if it was not the tenth book on the same subject for my text set. That in mind it was a well written book.
The text was more informational than focus minded. It also broke up the text into little paragraphs and had individual words for diagrams to help with the descriptions. Breaking up the text makes the book easier to read and more engaging. Every two pages or so is a new topic so it doesn’t matter if you read the book in order.
The illustrations are very basic and hardly change from page to page. There is no background illustrated but only cookie cutter-appearing whales. There were no little details or exciting coloring to cause the reader to want to read more. I found the illustrations very boring for that reason. In the end I did not care for the pictures.
I feel like the text is good but the illustrations bring it down. For that reason I feel that I could find a better illustration informational picture book for my classroom. I would not recommend this book.
Publishing:2008

No comments:

Post a Comment